Legal ceremonies available in 3 of our resorts in Mexico.
Sandos Hotels & Resorts
Each Sandos Mexico resort is also a proud member of IGLTA (the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association); stunning symbolic wedding ceremonies can be hosted for LGBT couples at all four Mexico properties, and legal LGBT weddings are available at our Cancun and Playa del Carmen resorts.
Legal requirements for marriage in Mexico. Groom & bride must arrive at least three working days prior to the wedding date and must provide the following documentation:
- Letter of No Marriage Registration (CIR): This document is handled by the Civil Registry to verify that the spouses have not been married before and it is processed in Chetumal, Quintana Roo.
- Tourist Visa: They are provided upon entry to Mexico at the airport.
- Valid Passport.
- Legal Same Sex Ceremonies available at:
Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort
- Original blood test & Medical certificate: The Blood test must be done in Mexico within 15 days prior to the wedding. This is to determine blood type, H.I.V and S.T.D. Under the Mexican Law couples that test positive cannot get legally married in Mexico. The blood test is done at the hotel and arranged by the wedding coordinator.
- Four witnesses (They can be relatives or friends): These are required by Law. If witnesses are not Mexican citizens, they must provide a copy of their passport or any official photo ID and their tourist visa. Plus, they must arrive at least 3 working days prior to the ceremony. The hotel can provide the witnesses with an additional charge of $30 USD each one.
- Birth Certificates
- Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort -1,500 USD
- Sandos Caracol Eco Resort - 1,200 USD
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort - 1,200 USD
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos - 1,000 USD
*All rates and inclusions are subject to change without prior notice.